The MYSI Independent Living Option Program serves females and males that are parenting and non-parenting between the ages of 19 and 21. MYSI ILO advocacy staff provides a wide range of supportive case management services to young adults who were raised in the foster care system. Our program services assist them with maintaining their independence and to move from dependency on state care to becoming self-reliant.
The young adults in this program reside in individual community apartments within various communities and they are taught how to maintain their individuality. Services offered include but are not limited to:
- Supplementary case management services;
- Clinical services provided by clinical social workers, nurses and certified tutors;
- Life Skills educational training;
- Employment services, such as job readiness classes, resume writing, mock interviewing;
- Household management, such as furnishing and the upkeep of their apartments;
- Parenting skills for pregnant and parenting young adults including training and guidance to ensure they have appropriate parenting skills to properly care for their child.