News & Events
What's Up At Anchor
Some of our Anchor youth participated in the 2013 Illinois Children's Mental Health Poster Contest. Their art work supports the mission to help reduce mental health stigma to help children and their families overcome misconceptions about seeking mental health services.
Please support our youth and our cause by voting online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013PosterContest between April 15- 24th.
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !
HAS BEEN REACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL ON ACCREDITATION
The Council on Accreditation (COA) is delighted to inform you that MYSI Corporation has been reaccredited. COA's commitment to maintaining the highest level of standards and quality improvement is designed to identify providers that have set high performance standards for themselves and have made a commitment to their constituents to deliver the highest quality services. COA is proud to recognize MYSI Corporation as one of these outstanding providers.
COA reaccreditation is an objective and reliable verification that provides confidence and support to an organization's service recipients, board members, staff and community partners. The COA reaccreditation process involves a detailed review and analysis of both an organization's administrative operations and its service delivery practices. All are "measured" against national standards of best practice. These standards emphasize services that are accessible, appropriate, culturally responsive, evidence based, and outcomes-oriented, In addition, they confirm that the services are provided by a skilled and supported workforce and
that all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
Because COA reviews and reaccredits the entire organization, not just specific programs, you can have confidence in the credibility, integrity and achievement of your entire organization.
COA congratulates MYSI Corporation for their hard work and wonderful achievement and is proud to have it as part of COA's Community of Excellence.
- This Summer 2012, MYSI partnered with the Village of Glenwood to implement a summer youth program "Summer Fun 2012" in the Village of Glenwood in Illinois. MYSI qualified personnel provided direct guidance and supervision for up to 36 youth entering grade 1st through 5th.
This activity took place in Hickory Glen Field House, 1016 E. 192nd Street, Glenwood, IL.
Each child received a summer activity T-Shirt, Tote Bag, Water Bottle, Weekly Recreational Activities, a Certificate of Participation and the End of the Session Celebration.
This Summer Fun extravaganza was held every Monday through Friday June 11th to July 6th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our supporters, participants, staff and the community were invited to attend the last day end of the session celebration, Friday, July 6, 2012.
At MYSI, we hope that these activities touched and positivity impacted the lives of those who participated in the Summer Fun 2012 program. We all want to know that we have made a difference in a child's life and the community in which we live.
If you want more information about the MYSI Summer Fun 2012 or want to know how you can volunteer your time for future events, please contact Jeborrah Perkins at 773.840.4600.
- MYSI Civic Engagement Fellowship Project: On Thursday, May 3, 2012 the MYSI Youth and Staff went to Springfield Illinois to see how bills become law. They were given a tour of the Capital and spoke to State Representatives about issues and concerns. We used this outing as a spring board to bring social awareness and to encourage them to become involved (in a positive manner) in advocating for social matters that may impact them and the communities they will live in.
- MYSI's Open House was a succes. We would like to thank the Mt. Greenwood Chamber of Commerce and Michael Pullian, Chamber President for welcoming MYSI into the community.
- In conjunction with Home Depot, MYSI received a grant to upgrade Anchor House's Landscape.
Thank you Home Depot.
For more information about News and Events, please contact 773-840-4600, ext. 0.
MYSI 990 Financial Data
- Can be viewed at http://www.guidestar.org/